Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Help me!!

Today it's snowing....again. I actually had someone tell me in my son's parking lot that I needed to learn how to dress better for the weather! How funny is that...the sad thing is, she's right. I just can't seem to get it down. Uggs are great for the cold and for the snow, but terrible for the slush. So I find myself tiptoeing amongst the slush so as not to have it seep into my shoes. Fleeces are great for warm weather but terrible for snow because they simply aren't warm enough. Snow jackets are great for snow, but by the time you outfit all three children for the weather you are sweating and take the jacket off because you're hot. So then you go out in your fleece in 20 degree snowing weather and get corrected by a fellow Mom. I just can't seem to get it together.

And watching my Georgian husband do it about puts me in tears. The most patient man on earth, yet after about 25 minutes of trying to get them all dressed (hats, gloves, bibs, boots, thermal underwear), sending my son to time out and fussing at my daughter he is almost ready to take all three outside. I try to act like I'm not watching so as not to look smug, but something about it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment