Friday, July 31, 2009

Kiawah Island





A conversation twenty years ago with my Mom went something like this:

me: Mom, can we please go some place fun this summer like Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach?
mom: no C, we're going to Kiawah
me: Moooooom (in the whiniest voice I can muster). Kiawah is soooo B-O-R-I-N-G.
mom: C, you can ride your bike on the bike paths all over the island all by yourself.
me: yeah, that is this thing, all by myself, we are the only people on the island.
mom: well, how about we go into Charleston for the day since it's only thirty minutes away?
mom: Can't we just stay in Charleston then? Seriously Mom, there is nothing to do. There are hardly any children our age, no toy stores and the nearest McDonalds is at least thirty minutes away! There's not even a grocery store on the island.
Mom: hmmm mmm


Oh how your perspective changes when you get a little older...what I would do to own a house on the island now.

No comments:

Post a Comment