Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Hoardable Recipe


Every now and then someone will share something they've made with me and I think to myself "I've got to get that recipe." And when I say "I've got to get that recipe," I mean I will stalk them, call them, email them, give them friendly reminders, beg them until I get it. This recipe is one of those. The other night some girls came over for dinner and funny enough I was the only American. My beautiful Venezualan friend, my kind Mexican friend, and my amazing-cook Canadian friend came over for a glass of wine. When my Canadian friend brought these cookies, part of me wanted everyone to leave, go change into my pjs and sit there with that entire plate of cookies all by myself.

She was kind of enough to share the recipe. And if I was recipe hoarder, this would be one of those recipes I'd keep to myself and never share with anyone because they're just that good. But since that is absolutely no fun, I'd much rather share it with you! So next time you need to bring a dessert somewhere, I promise you, this is what you want to bring!


White and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks of butter (1 cup), room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of milk chocolate chips, 1 cup of white chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour gradually (I usually do a cup at a time because I'm impatient) and beat in as much of it as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chocolate pieces.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a wide rack and let cool.
I always make the cookies a little bigger than they say you should, and I undercook (about 6 minutes in my oven, in my old oven it was just over 7.. so just check them often)

No comments:

Post a Comment