Friday, December 18, 2009

Single Digits








Besides one or two days out west skiing, I've never seen a single digit on the weather forecast in my entire life. Ever. This week, the average has been between 7 and 9 degrees. These kind of temperatures are what cause you to run as fast as you can from your car to your house and hope that you don't slip on ice in transit. Being the novice that I am, I forgot to warm the car the first few days on our way to school causing my four-year-old to whimper from being so cold inside our car. Last week, in the twenties, my 4-year-old, 2-year-old and 1-year-old bundled up to tackle and play in the snow. But the single digits have forced us to be a bit more creative, art projects, Christmas shows, hot chocolate and the Children's New England museum have been our best friends.

So, as a result, I am going to take a moment and dream of myself with a nice tan (virtually impossible as a fair-skinned redhead), a super-cute swimsuit, stylish sunglasses, rockin' body (hey, I'm the one dreaming), pina colada, and US Weekly as I lie on the beach next to my husband. I still can't decide if I'm in Bora Bora or at Donna Karen's home in the British West Indies.

No comments:

Post a Comment