Thursday, October 29, 2009

Holiday Sweet


A friend of mine shared this recipe with me and I thought I'd make it "for the children" (can't tell you how many times I've invoked their names for my benefit). I can't decide if I want to kiss her or curse her. This stuff is wonderfully addictive! I think it would a nice sweet to have in bowls for a holiday party or to put in bags with a bow around it to give to close friends and family (can't say I'm going to do this, however, since I can barely share with my immediate family!).

BEWARE: in order to share it you must exercise every ounce of self-control!

Puppy Chow
1 box rice chex
2 12 oz. bags milk chocolate morsels
3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 tsp. vanilla
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar

Melt the two bags of chocolate in microwave for 45 seconds. Take out, stir, and melt again for another minute or so, until fully melted. The add peanut butter and vanilla and mix.

In a separate bowl, add 1/3rd box of cereal and 1/3rd chocolate mix and stir, keep doing this until the entire box of rice chex is covered with the entire bowl of chocolate mix.

Divide mixture in two separate zip lock (gallon size) bags and pour 1 to 2 cups of powdered sugar in each bag and shake bag until every piece is coated.

Put them in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I hate making these...I can eat the whole thing by myself!

    ReplyDelete